The Question Bag - May
Here are the top ten questions I've received in the last month. Okay...
At least the ten questions that were printable...
That's all until next month's question bag...
- I'm so glad that the Backstreet Boys aren't breaking up. How about you?
- I'm glad the B.S. boys are staying together, too. Otherwise I'd have to slam 'N
Stink twice as hard.
- So who's the better Canadian singer? Shania or Celine?
- Neither one. I'd rather listen to Amanda Marshall, Jann Arden, Luba, Melanie
Doane or even Sarah McLachlan before either one of them.
- Hey! What's up with Marilyn Manson? Haven't heard a lot about him lately.
- And this is a bad thing...?
- I just caught part of the CMA awards show. people actually listen to this
- Yeah, they do. And other people listen to crap like rap, trash like thrash,
slop like pop and shlock like grunge rock.
- Nice little piece on Perry Como. Thanks for remembering a true entertainer.
- Thank you and you're welcome. It's a shame when the entertainment industry
loses one of its truly great performers.
- I think Britney's totally hot. A beautiful, young woman with a hot body and a
sexy voice that drives me wild. Do you think I have a chance?
- Forget about having a chance. Take off those rose-colored glasses and get your
hearing checked. Sexy voice? When I think of sexy voices, Nancy Wilson, Tina Turner
and Molly Johnson come to mind. Not Miss B.S.
- What do you think the next big thing in music is going to be?
- I don't know. Let's wait and see what David Bowie does next. Half the world will
just imitate him anyway.
- What do you think about 'Lady Marmalade'? Hot song, huh?
- The original was anyway. Patti LaBelle made it sound so inviting without being sleazy.
- You always get down on the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync and Britney and Christina.
What about Hanson? They're just three boys trying to be a group.
- Difference is - in ten years when Miss B.S. and the B.S. boys and the rest are
playing Vegas to make a living Hanson will be rocking out to full capacity auditoriums
- I got to get this off my chest. Everyone should know that you're a stupid a******.
You don't know jack s*** about music. Who the hell died and made you the f******
authority on music? One more thing. Metallica rules!!!!!!
- Wow. I'm impressed. Did your mom help you with the big words or did she write the
whole letter for you? One last comment - Metallica sucks...Napster rules.
- Richard Blaine
* Richard Blaine's views and opinions do not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of the staff at Twin-Music.