So the New Year has come and I wonder how many resolutions have been broken already. Me?
I haven't broken any yet. But the year is still young.
So here are my ten resolutions for the New Year...
I think I can hold out a while before I break any of my New Year's resolutions. What
do you think?
- I resolve not to make fun of those namby pamby boy groups like The Sidestreet Boys
and 'N Stink
- I resolve to listen to at least two rap CD's and try to be objective when it comes
to critiquing this crap
- I resolve to take Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera seriously as an artist
and not think of them as just another air-headed blonde
- I resolve to give artists the benefit of the doubt when they screw up in public
and not consider them to be total wastes of flesh
- I resolve (as a few readers pointed out) not to be so hard on the record execs
when they start acting like money grabbing morons who think the music buying public
will buy into their line of B.S.
- I resolve to take all the new up and coming wannabe poseur bands a little more
seriously because God knows we can never have enough bands that all sound alike
- I resolve to stop thinking about every teen flick as a total waste of celluloid
and only purpose is to sell overpriced soundtracks and make lots of money for the
aforementioned record execs
- I resolve not to second the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's selection process even
though they totally missed the boat by not having Jim Croce inducted this year
- I resolve not to question the Radio Program Directors who insist on playing the
same old song and dance and not even give Canadian artists half a chance in the States
- I resolve to not download any more Mp3's until I bow to the demands of the money
grabbing record execs and actually pay a fee for this great service that they decided
to get in on after the fact
- Richard Blaine
* Richard Blaine's views and opinions do not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of the staff at Twin-Music.