What Are You Thankful For?
Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to get together, enjoy dinner,
watch a football game and generally a good time to reminisce about the good and bad
times they've shared. But as the holiday name implies, it's a time for giving thanks and
being thankful. Thankful for your spouse and children, your job, your home, your friends
and your health...You can always find something to be thankful for during this holiday season.
So...besides those already mentioned, I've got a few other things to be thankful for.
So this Thanksgiving, remember the holiday and remember loved ones...but most of all,
be thankful for all you have. Hey, it could be worse...I could be spending Thanksgiving
- No new 'N Stink or BS Boys CD's coming out (There'll probably be a greatest hits
compilation at Christmas)
- College basketball is finally underway (Go SU)
- The release of 'The Return Of the King' (Finally, the trilogy is complete)
- My daughter's have not yet discovered that rap music exists (The optimal phrase
being 'Not yet')
- The Yankees bit the big one this year in the big game (Money ain't everything, George)
- Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett giving the world one of the most memorable country
hits of the year (It's gotta be five o'clock somewhere)
- Finding a good book to read on nights when television viewing is for the feeble-minded
(Which is usually every night)
- Finally getting through to technical support and hearing a voice from North America
(Theese eese techneecal support)
- Even though I've grown older, I haven't grown up, yet (Never lose the little boy
inside the man)
- My wife has about eight hundred recipes for turkey leftovers (Turkey soup, turkey
burgers, turkey cacciatore...)
- The Stones can go back into retirement for another three years (Or until Keith and
Mick need some pocket change)
- Actually having people read what I write and some of them agreeing with me (I'm not
alone in this world after all)
- Richard Blaine
* Richard Blaine's views and opinions do not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of the staff at Twin-Music.